Thursday, February 28, 2008

hitchcock!



I m very happy that was started off the Art of Film II season with Hitchcock. very very very. Alfred Hitchcock has been my favorite since i was little, believe it or not but its the truth. my dad started making me watch them when i was young and it just stuck. The thing i love the most about his films is no matter how serious it could get he always troughs a little but of humor into the mix. My favorite example of this is in Rear Window when Jeff goes back and forth with Lisa on what a real photographer does and eats and wears, and she keeps fighting and fighting and you hear him multiple time say "o just shut up would you." Shows us views that Hitchcock wasn't scared to maybe step over the line a bit when it came to his characters treating each other. I know you can find bits and pieces of this kind of stuff in all his films. You just have to stay alert and focused, which isn't hard to do with his films because you never know what is going to happen next. Which leads me to the second reason i love Hitchcock films. Every movie is full of suspense to the max! its not like when you go to the movie theaters today and you see a movie and you are like ummmm i have seen this movie before i think. Hitchcock films are the originals of all those films that we see today. The way he keeps the viewer on the edge of their seats is amazing to me. This unit proved to me that Hitchcock is and will always be my favorite. And now that we have started our next unit i m missing Hitchcock very very very very badly!

No comments: